[TenTec] It's My Turn !!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] It's My Turn !!
From: w5ben@arrl.net (dbudd)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:52:30 -0400
No RTTY?

73,

Budd, W5BEN
w5ben@arrl.net
Johnson City, in northeast TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Ken K7ZUM
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 12:11 PM
To: Tentec

       Hi all, after reading all of the posts the last week
about
the Ten Tec ham feist, and you guys rubbing it in as to what
really great and terrific time you had drooling and fondling
over
all of the Ten Tec stuff , and some of you ( probally most
of you
!) went home with some new and old toys, had a chance to rub
elbows with the FACTORY BOYS ! and TOUR the Ten-Tec plant !
Well, let me tell you guys, I'am stuck over here ( way over
here
! ) in GresHAM  O-RE-GONE ! and its a mighty long haul from
here
to Tennessee, ( I know, I've done it on the Motorcycle ! )
and
there was just no way I could attend, and I'am really,
REALLY
JEALOUS !!  and you guys just keep rubbing it in, and
rubbing it
in, and RUBBING IT IN !   and for gods sake's, Stan Brock
even
sent out a post of "thanks" to everyone for attending, and
what a
terrific time they HAD ! and me, well let me tell you, I
just say
out here in O-RE-GONE ...............waiting.

     And so,  I have  thought about this for the past few
days,
and now its my turn to make you guys jealous !  plus I'am
really
gonna give you Ten-Tec fans a reason to fire up them new and
old
Ten-Tec radios  and put them to good use !

   So,  I have been out in the garage all last week in the
evenings and all this weekend putting things together, heres
the
list:

2 ea.   Omni VI's
2 ea.   Centurion  amps.
2 ea.   Laptops, loaded with TRlog, and all of the necessary
cables to run the
           radios,c.w. , paddle input, etc.
2 ea.   paddles
2 ea.   Force 12 C3S  and 28 ft. X 2 masting
1 ea.   butternut  HF6V vertical
1 ea.   butternut  HF2V  vertical
1 ea.   Homebrew vertical for 12 and 17 mtrs.
2 ea.   inverted L's  for 160 mtrs
           and  enough masting for the inverted L's
600 ft. rg-213
several thousand feet of 24 ga. zip wire for 160 listening
antenna's

bags and bags of extra parts, tools, soldering iron,
extension
cords,connectors,antenna analyzers,several spools of wire
for
radials, headsets,foot switchs,etc.etc.etc.

So, whats all of this for you might ask ??
T'is easy, its all out in my garage,  its all packed into
bags,
and its all  ready to get loaded onto a ............jet
plane................

4 days left.........

PJ8/K7ZUM
160 THRU 10   c.w. and phone before the c.q.w.w. phone test
should be set up by the 21st. oct.

FS/AH8DX
160 THRU 10   c.w. and phone before the c.q.w.w.  phone test
should also be set up by the 21st,   22nd at the latest

HA ! HA ! HA !!  I feel better now !!

I'll be expecting to have all of you in my "log"

vy 73........ Ken..... K7ZUM

--
FAQ on WWW:
http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec