[TenTec] Corsair II Conversions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Conversions
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:50:40 -0400
Doug: I also really believe in condensers.  Every whiskey distillery must have
one! - sherrill   k4own

>>> "Carl Moreschi" <cjm@qvssoftware.com> 10/18/00 12:55PM >>>

The IF conversion scheme in the Corsair II goes like this:
The incoming signal is first converted to 9 Mhz.  Then, just
for passband tuning, the signal is converted to 6.3 Mhz.  After
going through the passband tuning filters, it is converted back
9 Mhz.  If you didn't count the passband tuning two conversions,
you could say it was single conversion.  But actually, it is a
triple conversion receiver - 9 to 6.3 to 9.   This same scheme
is in the Corsair I.  The Omni V, Omni VI, Paragon I, and Paragon II
add a first conversion to 45 -75 Mhz before converting to 9 Mhz then 6.3,
then 9 Mhz again.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
cjm@qvssoftware.com