[TenTec] Antenna Matching Weirdness

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Antenna Matching Weirdness
From: dufferjames@hotmail.com (James Duffer)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:03:12 CDT
My guess is the velocity constant(Vo) for the replacement (RG-8) was not the
same as the Vo of the coax replaced (RG-58), if this is indeed the fact,
then the physical length of the RG-8 would not be equal to the physical
length of the RG-58 for the "same electrical length".

It would appear that you need to adjust the length of the RG-8 so that it is
electrically equal to the replaced RG-58.  This is assuming that there is no
problem with the new connectors.

I hope this may lead to a solution to your problem and you will be back on
12 meters shortly.

73,

Jim WD4AIR

To: <tentec@contesting.com>