[TenTec] Morse Code in the 24th Century!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Morse Code in the 24th Century!
From: wd0evx@moonworks.com (Alan Bryant)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:37:30 -0600
At 08:56 AM 10/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In this week's episode of Star Trek: Voyager, Morse code was used to send a
>brief message when all other com systems were unavailable.  We only get to
>hear about 4 characters, the rest are translated for us.

I still remember blowing away more than one certified flight instructor
(CFI) while studying for my private pilot's license by tuning-in a navaid
and being able to confirm its ID by listening to the CW identifier and
copying in my head, instead of comparing dots and dashes to the aviation
sectional chart like most non-ham pilots must do...   :-)

In case anyone doubts it, there are actually still reasons to learn it!

73, Alan

---
Alan Bryant, WDØEVX
Denver, Colorado