[TenTec] Corsair question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair question
From: dub@oklahoma.net (J. W. (Dub) Thornton)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 09:09:34 -0600

>I am wondering if on the Corsair II  you can have the paddles plugged in the
>Keyer Paddle jack& also use another key
>such as a straight key or contest software keying plugged in the Key  jack.
>
>I know its a dumb question but a friend of mine has a Corsair II
>that will use one or the other but will not work if both are plugged in?????
>Sounds like his may have had the "golden screw driver" put to it.

I do not use an amplifier with my Corsair II, but YES you can use your internal
keyer and another keying device at the same time.  Default from the factory
does
not allow this, but on advice of Ten Tec many years ago, I soldered a jumper
between the KEYER OUT and KEY JACK.  This will allow use of internal
keyer, and another keying device (bug, external keyer, keyboard).  No golden
screwdriver involved with this one.  "73"

Dub, WA5YFY