[TenTec] Help Century 22 fault

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Help Century 22 fault
From: K5BDZ@aol.com (K5BDZ@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:53:32 EST
Bill
I've had numerous Century 22 units and loved them all. Don't recall your
particular problem, but I'd suggest the following:

1.  Call Ten Tec techs and ask them.  Normally, they're the BEST at telephone
diagnosing Ten Tec problems and giving you the RIGHT answer!

2.  Just guessing (if TenTec techs not available) I'd guess from your short
synopsis and problem description is that you have a problem with SWR and lack
of EFFECTIVE grounding between your rig and the tuner and possibly ground.
I'll bet that each time you tune the tuner and the SWR goes high, the rig
either starts shutting down or starts "motor-boating" indicating ineffective
ground to the Century 22, and reflected power getting into the rig circuitry
causing squirrels.

So much for my limited info diagnosis.  If you get no effective help, let us
know in more detail and we'll try again.  When you identify the problem and
then find the solution, please let us all know for our notes and future etc.
Bill K5BDZ