[TenTec] QSK amp control loop for the Triton IV: Found!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QSK amp control loop for the Triton IV: Found!
From: k7gt@qsl.net (Allan G Taylor)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:27:18 -0800
I just got the scoop from Garland Jenkins at TT Service as to how
to add the QSK loop interface to the TT 544 coming into my shack.
As I had at least one request from reflector-ites for that info if I
found it, I am posting it now.

Cut the wire to the "T/R" pin to the Control board (p. 3-40 in manual
LHS) run the loose cut end to a RCA phono jack to go to the amp. The
returning ACK signal goes then to the cut end attached to the control
board via a 2nd RCA phono jack. In other words, grounding pin "T/R" puts
the rig into transmit and that is to be supplied from the amp after the
amp is 'ready' rather than from the wire coming in from the rig (now
to be rounted 'to' the amp instead).

Same scheme as I added to the OmniD many moons ago.

I hope this helps someone out there.

GT

--
      Allan  Taylor  K7GT    Pleasanton/Livermore CA

             k7gt@qsl.net  or  k7gt@arrl.net