[TenTec] Jupiter display backlight

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter display backlight
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:38:17 -0600
Does anyone know how TenTec implemented the backlighting for the Jupiter
display?  I own a Delta II and have fought the backlight battle, so I would
want to know if the display is going to crap out after a few years as did
most of the Delta IIs.  TenTec's response to the Delta II problem was
essentially "gee that's too bad."  Fortunately one of the guys on the list
was able to find a source for new Electroluminescent panels, and I am still
using the rig.

Before I would ever consider buying a Jupiter, I would want to KNOW how the
display was done and also would want ironclad assurance that there will be
support beyond warranty.

Constructive comments welcome.
Flames cheerfully ignored.

Steve Weber, KD9BO
seweber@netnitco.net

When promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your
superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical and psychological
observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your verbal
evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility, and veracious vivacity without
rodomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic
profundity, pompous propensity, and sophomoric vacuity.

In other words, KISS (keep it simple etc.)

While you're passing out the spam, don't forget these guys:
admin@loopback, $LOGIN@localhost, $LOGNAME@localhost,
$USER@localhost, $USER@$HOST,-h1024@localhost,root@mailloop.com
Chairman Reed Hundt: rhundt@fcc.gov
Commissioner James Quello: jquello@fcc.gov