[TenTec] service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] service
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:46:58 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Avila, Edward wrote:

> their complete attention and, in the case of my Corsair II, they sent extra
> replacement parts free to fix a problem with my agreement I would send back
> what I didn't need and pay for the stuff I did keep! honestly.....I have
> never heard of this kind of customer service from a Japanese firm....or,
> most American companies for that matter!!

I agree that Ten Tec often responds very well to service calls.  However,
Japanese organizations do well too.

I have several personal experiences with Kenwood where they sent me free
parts and spent time with me fixing a problem.  Yes, really.  Icom has
done the same.  Yaesu has mixed results in my shack, but more good contact
than bad.

Ten Tec = "good," doesn't imply others are not.

Clark
WA3JPG