[TenTec] Corsair II keyer problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II keyer problem
From: peter barville <g3xjs@qsl.net> (peter barville)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:54:26 +0000

Once again, very many thanks to all who have taken the time to respond
to my posting about the Corsair II keyer problem.

I had not realise that Ten Tec prefer not to answer technical questions
via email (ie without the rig in front of them).  Fair enough, I guess.

But they have been kind enough to reply with a suggestion I check the
zener diodes across the keying lines, which I will do (along with the
2.2uF capacitor across the re-set line).  Otherwise, it looks like I may
have to think about a replacement chip at $50 (+ $15 postage)!

If I find the solution to the problem I'll post the details here.

Thank you again ..
--
72, peter g3xjs