[TenTec] TenTec Century 22 fault

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Century 22 fault
From: K5BDZ@aol.com (K5BDZ@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:49:58 EST
Bill
Sorry to hear your problems still persists.  I was working on another rig
last week and had a problem with key-down power drop such as you describe,
and the identified problem was two fold - first was a poor solder connection
to the antenna SO239 center pin, and the next was a diode in the ALC circuit
began heating up (as a result of the high SWR from the bad connection) and
the diode seemed to become "too RF sensitive" and had to be replaced.  So,
resoldering the SO239 and replacing the ALC diode fixed the problem.
I've probably had only 3 ALC diodes in 25 years go bad...so it can (and does)
happen but rarely.
Hope this gives you a fruitful area to troubleshoot.
Bill, K5BDZ