[TenTec] Pegasus vs. Heil Gold-Line and W2IHY Eq.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs. Heil Gold-Line and W2IHY Eq.
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:18:42 -0500
Here's an update to my mic level input problems.  I hooked up an electret
mic directly to the Peg. I had to fiddle with the internal mic gain pot, but
I got things working, except that the ALC LED is still coming on way to much
(every syllable).  I haven't had a change for on air tests, but in the
monitor it sounds fine and the VOX is working.  If I back off the the mic
gain to where the ALC LED just lights on peaks, I can't hear myself in the
monitor (using headphones), even with the monitor volume and AF gain at max.
Also, I have to set the VOX gain so high that it never comes off once
activated.

So now I'm wondering if the problem is that the ALC LED is coming on too
soon.  I'm going to try to get some on-air results.

73,
Mark