[TenTec] Optimus PRO-50MX & OMNI VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Optimus PRO-50MX & OMNI VI
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 13:59:36 -0500 (EST)
I have 2 OMNI VI+ (& 1 Corsair II).  I bought a Radio Shack Optimus PRO-50MX
headset/boom mike yesterday.  It has low drive to all three rigs - need
to set VOX at max sensitivity, audio drive at max and processor at max
to get full output.  My TT 705 electret mike and ancient Electro VOice
729SR mikes give plenty of drive with midrange settings.  The PRO-50MX
has a dynamic mike.

Has anyone had good luck with this Radio Shack mike ?  Should I exchange
it for another one (maybe mine has low output) or is this normal?

Thanks.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9