[TenTec] new Jupiter PSK -35db IMD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] new Jupiter PSK -35db IMD
From: khopper@uchicago.edu (Ken Hopper)
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 18:13:08 -0600
I had a tough time trying to use the accessory socket for audio-in and
audio-out on PSK31. Finally gave up and used the KH6TY/4 isolating interface
box direct to the PTT and MIC input. Works like a dream. Consistent reports of
-35 and -36db IMD on 80/20/10M running about 15W output.  MIC gain very easy
to adjust and see when the ALC light starts to come on - then back it off a
hair and you are all set. Using the ACC socket all I got was ALC pumping and
distorted tones out. Might have been a ground loop(?).  Using RF toroids on
all shielded 1/8" stereo lines. A.O.K. now using MIC instead.

Jupiter RX seems exceptionally stable and PSK capable. Using the PBT to shift
away from W1AW on 80M and away from PACTOR robots on 20M. The 34 IF DSP RX
bandwidths are so easy to use. Just like turning the knob on my OHR-100A :-)
Only 15 memories stored so far and 100+ to go.

CW silky smooth. Works great with new K1EL keyboard.  If I owned a MIC I would
actually be tempted to try SSB (oh my GOD!)

dit dit
de Ken N9VV
http://home.uchicago.edu/~khopper/jupiter.html