[TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?
From: KF6ZZ@aol.com (KF6ZZ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:05:13 EST

<< I wonder if a Jones P402 plug would fit the back of the Tentec radios
without too much chopping ? >>

The Cannon D connectors so widespread in the computer subculture these days
make superb power connectors,
except that you gotta  use a multitude of small
( AWG 20~22 ) wires to construct the power cable.

I used Cannon 'D' connectors  back in the late 1970's as the output power
connector for   5 volt  60 amp   power supplies with excellent results.

You can buy them for pennies almost anywhere.
Try   Radio Trash   or    'All Electronics'   in Van Nuys CA.
Useful sizes for DC power are the  9 or 15 pin mating pairs.

Cannon rates the current level  at  5 amps per pin.

- KF6ZZ