[TenTec] Jupiter vs. TS-570S

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter vs. TS-570S
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:19:28 -0800
Carl:

I agree with you.  I believe that Tentec offers one of the best deals
around.  While the radios don't typically get the publicity and
advertising that others do, their performance is outstanding and the
support from the folks in Sevierville is even better.

I started with a Delta 580 in 1980, moved to a Paragon and presently
have a Omni VI+.  Admittingly, I heard of one fellow that had problems
with his Omni VI+.  It was to the factory 2 or 3 times as I recall.

With my background in electronic manufacturing, specifically quality
control, I visited the Tentec facility, with my Paragon under my arm so
to speak.  I went there with the idea of trading to a new Omni VI+, but
not before I understood and was assured that the radio quality and the
Tentec quality process was addressed.  I spent some 4 hours with the
various staff members at Tentec, grilling them (much like the Supreme
Court grilled the lawyers in the recent Gore/Bush case) on what they
found with this fellows radio, what they had done in their process from
purchasing of parts, their inventory of parts, the manufacturing
process, to the testing of finished goods.  In summary, I was very
satisfied.  I left Tentec with a new Omni VI+ under my arm.  I've never
been more satisfied, now 2 years latter.

73
Bob K4TAX