[TenTec] Any Help?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Any Help?
From: w5ec@knology.net (Bill Hawkins)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 06:44:20 -0600
Hello.
My mother-in-law is now 89 years old and in a nursing home.
Before the nursing home she was an active member of a small church
where the paster is a ham. It has been several years since he has been
on the air as with a 50 member church, he just can not afford it.
He frequently travels to other states to speak in order to make a
little extra money to make ends meet. He has mentioned that
it would be nice to have a small rig to travel with for company.
Any body out there have a small transceiver they want to part with?
It would have to be really cheap (or free), 12 volt, working order,
SSB, about 100 watts and pretty small, although even an old OMNI D
would not be too big. If it is not free, I could buy it for him for
Christmas,
but since I am retired it would have to be really cheap.
Any body cleaning out? Any help appreciated.
Bill W5EC