[TenTec] 3rd Party Omni-6 Firmware?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 3rd Party Omni-6 Firmware?
From: k8do@email.msn.com (k8do)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:05:19 -0500
Perhaps distortion was a poor choice of words... The Tec Tec NR (DSP)
changes the audio in a way that I find annoying, even on CW...  Having said
that, I will also note that the NR can pop a signal up out of the noise in
an impressive fashion, at times...

Sounds like you have a good radio...  The cold drift you describe is the
same as what I see... I was referring to a warmed up rig...  If you read
back through the TEn Tec digest you will find threads concerning the VI
wandering off frequency... My main dial is about ~40 cycles off at the
moment... This is most noticeable when you go to a net frequency... Dial it
in and have the net immediately tell you that you are off... My son uses the
radio to get on with his buddies and they are a bunch of techno geeks and
get all over him, so he whines at me about it...

Denny