[TenTec] Keyer problem?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keyer problem?
From: DAVEK2DP@aol.com (DAVEK2DP@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:35:55 EST
Tom,

I had the same exact problem with my OMNI 6 when I first got it 2 years ago.
Ten Tec sent me a new firmware chip and also advised me on the cap mod, which
was already in my unit. The problem was finally cleared up when I had them do
the factory Option 3 upgrade to the OMNI 6+. Since then (more than 1 year
ago) I have had no problems with the keyer jumping speed in mid stream. The
service sheets I received back from them did not indicate what components
they replaced to fix the keyer problem.

Good luck and I hope Ten Tec can fix the problem for you.

73,
Dave, K2DP, St. Louis