[TenTec] TCXO in Older Omni VI's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TCXO in Older Omni VI's
From: dhhdeh@concentric.net (David Hammond)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:57:37 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone with an older Omni VI had the opportunity to have the crystal
oven on the logic board replaced with the TXCO now used in current
production lots of the Omni VI+?

If yes, has it improved frequency stability of the rig?

My 5 year old Omni VI has developed some annoying frequency instability from
what I suspect is the  10 mhz crystal oven.  New crystals and ceramic
trimmers in the BFO circuit have not improved the problem.  Drift is out of
spec significantly even after 30 minute warm up.

Would welcome any comments.

73 de N1LQ-Dave