[TenTec] Re: RX-320 as a sub receiver for Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: RX-320 as a sub receiver for Omni VI
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:08:55 -0000
It looks like there definitely is some interest in doing this.  I am going
to undertake this project and anticipate a version of my RX-320 software
with OMNI VI (and OMNI V.9 also) around March 1.

The usage would go something like this:

If you click the "DUAL" button on the RX-320,
the rx320 would follow the transmit frequency of the OMNI VI.

There would also be a button to send the rx320 frequency to the
omni VI and a button to get the omni VI receive frequency to the rx320.

Since the rx320 would takeover the omni's comport, I would export and import
the frequency and mode of the omni VI to a file just like the Pegasus
does.  This means that you could still run external logging software by
telling the logging software you were using a "Pegasus" even though
you are not.  Thus, as long as your logging software can run with a
Pegasus, you would not lose any logging functionality.

You would still have to come up with a way to bring out the omni VI
receive antenna to the rx-320.  I know this is easy to do, but a small mode
is necessary to the omni vi.  If you don't want to modify the omni vi, you
could provide a separate receive only antenna for the rx-320.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net