[TenTec] Attention OMNI-VI Owners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Attention OMNI-VI Owners
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:33:27 -0800
Speaking of the Logic board, last summer I reworked mine by adding
decoupling capacitors to all of the digital devices, beefing up the grounds
around some ICs and installing ferrites on several cables connected to this
board.  The reduction in birdies and other "unusual noises" was dramatic,
far better than I had hoped for.  Some birdies were reduced in level by as
much as 52dB.  I thought about enclosing the whole board in an aluminum
shield but I wasn't that ambitious when I took on this project.  Just
imagine what could be done to this board if it had separate ground and power
planes, plus full decoupling and shielding designed into it.

Reid, K7YX