[TenTec] Century 22

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22
From: K5BDZ@aol.com (K5BDZ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:47:45 EST
While we're talking about direct conversion, etc., consider it ATTRIBUTES as
well.  Other than simplicity, one GREAT thing about direct conversion
receivers with RIT is that WITHOUT MOVING YOUR TRANSMIT Frequency, you can
use the RIT to change from one sideband to the other of the signal you are
copying.....offending station move to close to your QSO??? than just use the
RIT and change sidebands of your own QSO station and keep copying with little
or no interference.  No one knows but you what you've done.

A ham since 1955, I've had hundreds of critics to the above, most don't know,
understand, or have any real experience with direct conversion with RIT...and
absolutely NONE have been able to convince me otherwise.

Sounds like I'm on a real soapbox this morning doesn't it?

Bill K5BDZ