[TenTec] Sticky PTO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sticky PTO
From: jessystems@waypt.com (Peter G. Juliano)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:07:19 -0800
Hi Ten Tec Users,

I will be calling TT in the morning but thought I might get a little insight
as to "HOW" before I do anything.

I just acquired a TT Triton IV Model 544--the main PTO Knob turns very
little and the display moves only slightly--If there was a net on 14.118 I
would be all set ditto for 7.118. I have a remote vfo and the radio operates
fine with the remote unit--so the problem I am sure is limited to a stuck
PTO. Sounds like a PTO rebuild or replace.

In removing the top and bottom covers, it is not apparent how to get to the
drive mechanism so that leaves the front panel. I seem to recall that was
the same way you had to get at the dial restringing on the 540. I assume
that since this is the 544--there isn't a string. Any clue would be
appreciated. I assume if you buy the PTO rebuild kit, there are appropriate
instructions about how to do it. I guess I should also try the archives.

Thanks in advance.

73's
Pete W6JFR