[TenTec] SWR and Rain

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SWR and Rain
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:11:47 -0500
Dr. Jerry:  Sorry, but I am lost somewhere??  I thought If water is absorbed
into the dielectric insulation of any rf transmission cable it will cause the
attenuation to greatly increase at any frequency.   (As we know, coax
is extremely prone to this effect.)  This will cause both the forward and
reflected power to go down, giving a low and misleading swr reading.
Every antenna book that I have ever read confirms this.  Why are
we debating this point? -  73's- Corn- k4own

Corrupt politicians love unarmed serfs.