[TenTec] RE: W9WBL Paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: W9WBL Paddles
From: dub@oklahoma.net (J. W. (Dub) Thornton)
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:11:37 -0600
At 09:15 AM 2/8/01 -0500, you wrote:

>  I also own an Brown Brothers iambic paddle which is ok, but quite stiff
> because it does not use pivot bearings.  Instead, it uses a spring steel
> leaf in place of the pivot bearing.  The only place that I would consider
> using the Brown bros. key is off road mobile in my Jeep CJ-7 or Ford
> Bronco as the stiffness of the paddles would be a good feature in a
> bucking Jeep or Bronco.

Corn & Crew:  Your Brown Bros paddle is the re-designed version of the
paddle.  I still own one of the original paddles, with the handkey on the
same base.  It is a very nice feeling, & performing paddle.  I personally
prefer it to anything I have owned, except the Mercury.  I have or have
owned Kent, W9WBL (first two models), and have used most that are
out there.  Vibroplex puts out a quality paddle, but the iambic paddle
finger pieces are too close together for my liking.  Many love the Bencher,
(I do not like it at all) so I guess it just boils down to personal preference.
-
J. W.  (Dub) Thornton  WA5YFY
Minco, OK.