[TenTec] TT Red Dots

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Red Dots
From: wb0cff@hotmail.com (Carl R. Gansen)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:49:01
The older gear such as my Omni C, KR5 keyer, 670 keyer have a more orange
dot where the newer gear seems to have a redder dot.  That may
be the result of 20-30 yrs fading.

I have fixed up a few old 705 microphones and a couple other pieces
of TT gear and find that the model paint made by Testor in their
"Model Master" series that is called "Chevrolet Engine Red" is a very
good match.   The Model Master stuff is carried by the more serious
model shops.  It comes in slightly larger round bottles rather
than the little square bottles that are more commonly found.  It is not
immediately obvious that it is a Testor product.  The bifocals
were needed to see the company name.  I believe they are marketing
this as an upscale paint series.

In any case I suggest that you try your dot on a sacrificial piece
of plastic and look at the finished dried result before you try it
for real.   Your eyes might disagree with mine.

Carl R. Gansen  WB0CFF
9300 W 225 St
Belle Plaine, Mn. 56011-4206