[TenTec] N4PY Using the TenTec RX331 with a Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] N4PY Using the TenTec RX331 with a Pegasus
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 14:49:59 -0700
Jim, you have to call Ten Tec for price and delivery for the RX-331.
It costs a little more than a Omni, about $2950. The delivery was May.
I guess they do not make very many. I have the manual and it is a
better receiver than the Omni. The design is brute force over-kill.
The mixers are very high level LO design. The amplifiers and pre-amp
are also very high level. I guess a single band receiver could do better
but it would have to use the same high level mixers. I do not think
the Omni has as high level mixer as the RX-331.
73, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF