[TenTec] Jupiter & Pegasus CW note

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter & Pegasus CW note
From: timcook@erinet.com (NZ8J)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:05:25 -0500
I've been reading this trail of emails concerning the "raspy note" and what
does or does not cause it, however I've yet to hear anyone mention the one
thing that prompted me to send mine back for a refund.  The sidetone had a
"squelch tail" after every element on cw that was as bad or worse than
either of the two Omni-6's I've had.  I just assumed it was "the way it
worked" and they were all that way. Has anyone else detected that problem?
It became more noticeable with the narrower cw filters, but was there all
the time on the Jupiter I had.  Did I get a bad one?  My Omni-C and Triton
IV do not have that problem what so ever.... I'd like to hear from some die
hard qsk cw operators who are using the Jupiter, maybe I was too hasty in
sending it back???????.
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J