[TenTec] Pegasus Sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Sensitivity
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:02:00 -0700
John, you must have a quiet location. I use regular stereo earphones
and my pegasus will make too much sound. I usually have the volume
turned down to near minimum. Below 10MHz I usually turn on the
attenuator to reduce the signal. On 10M I found the Pegasus too
quiet when the band is fading out. The best DX on ten is when it
is quiet. I set the IF gain pot in the Pegasus to maximum to increase
the signal. The Pegasus does not lack sensitivity, but on 10M any
transceiver can use a boost. For weak signals on 6M and 2M a preamp
maybe necessary. I use an external preamp on 10M sometimes for weak
signal digital modes. Earphones are necessary for any weak CW on
any transceiver.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF