[TenTec] Delta rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta rigs
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:21:45 -0500
The Model 680 Delta was Ten-Tec's lower price entry into WARC rigs. It came
out in late 1979 or early 1980 when WARC rigs were just hitting the market.
It does not have the features of the Omni-C or the later Corsair. It is more
akin to the Argosy, in looks and function, although it does have 100 watts
out, as compared to the Argosy's 50.

The Delta was billed as a smaller, go anywhere rig, but I don't recall ever
seeing one mobile or mobile accessories.

I have a Delta 680, which I consider a good, no frills WARC rig, with a
sensitive receiver and a good transmitter. It was the last Ten-Tec rig to
use the 3-pin phone plug type mic plug before they went to the present
4-pin.

Overall, the Delta 680 is a good rig, but not really exciting. The Omni and
Corsair got all the glory.

73, Winston  K4CWQ