[TenTec] ground

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ground
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:55:20 -0800
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Please bond the AC line
ground and the station ground rod together with #6 AWG copper.  The
current NEC (National Electrical Code) requires that all antenna
structures be bonded to the main AC ground. It will save a lot of grief
in the future should a near-by lightening stroke come near your house.

I fully support the use of a balanced feed antenna system.  It keeps RF
from the shack and the rig.  If you choose to use a coaxial fed antenna,
at least put a choke type balun at the antenna feed point.

73
Bob K4TAX