[TenTec] re: binaural

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: binaural
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:23:57 -0500
Since none of this is Ten Tec related I will add my 2 cents worth. I know
nothing about binaural but I do know about hearing things in both ears. The
way you tell what direction a noise is coming from is the difference in time
it takes to reach each ear. If you are like me and only hear out of one ear
you have absolutely no way to tell what direction a noise is coming from.
Maybe that is why Nipper has his head cocked. He is looking to see where the
noise is coming from. By the way my border Collie can copy any speed cw that
comes at him but he is very poor at sending.  73 Paul k9ot