[TenTec] New Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Jupiter
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 02:24:24 +0100
The only comment I have concerns the receive filters.  The algorithm used
keeps the low frequency cutoff at 200 hertz for all the SSB filters.  I
believe
this to be a normal and good approach.  This mean as you get wider, the
center
frequency will get higher.  If you wanted to keep the center frequency fixed
at say 1500 hertz, you would go below zero and hear on the other side of
zero beat once you went to 3000 hertz.  Conversely, if you tuned with say
1600 hertz bandwidth,
you would hear from 700 to 2300 hertz.  I belive TT picked the overal best
way to do it.
When you go to a tight filter on SSB, you would almost always use PBT anyway
to find the best position to knock out the QRM.

The things you point out are the very reason that a computer controlled
radio is
so great.  You can change any human factor thing you want to and are not
stuck
with a fixed layout.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina