[TenTec] Was "new Ten Tec etc", comments and new topic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Was "new Ten Tec etc", comments and new topic
From: k6sdw@arrl.net (Eddy Avila)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:21:08 -0000
Carl....this a funny one, I too owned an MGA and cuz I was incapable of
learning a lesson I later bought a Triumph Spitfire.....the good news is
that the cars quality was so poor and I was just as poor I had to learn to
fix them myself....same think with all the Heathkit gear I built and I owned
many years ago.....I owned at one time just about every ham rig Heathkit
ever sold. It wouldn't take long for even new Heathkit gear to break down
which forced me to troubleshoot and fix them....this led to a good career in
repairing electronic gear....HI!

Anyway, I too run a Scout in a 1985 Celica and have had a nasty problem with
noise only on 20 meters when the engine is running, when the engine is off
the noise disappears. I've done all the recommended grounding but to no
avail! Looking for the easy way out, I ended up buying a Clear Speech DSP
speaker and it easily handles the noise bringing up signals that would
normally be at the noise floor of the Scout and unusable when the engine was
running. I know I should be dealing with the source of the noise and that
the Clearspeech speaker is a Band-Aid, but it works great with little effort
on my part....just more money to spend on ham stuff.

73...../ed