[TenTec] Scout chirp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout chirp
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Vincent A. Santis wrote:

> This morning I had the questionable joy of receiving an OO report advising
> me of a chirp on my Scout signal. I believe the operating voltage was OK

I always experienced chirp and FM'ing on SSB when running on battery with
my Scout.  Some guys here don't have the problem, but some do.  The
regulator doesn't have much room when you run on a battery, I would
suspect this to be the problem.  Put your scout on a 13.8 volt power
supply and listen, I bet the chirp is gone.

Clark
WA3JPG