[TenTec] OMNI VI Power Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Power Output
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:06:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/01 3:37:57 AM !!!First Boot!!!, RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net
writes:

<<
 Richard:

 Think about "turned up a bit" in terms of what's required to make the
 meter move on the other end.  1 S unit = 6dB  Therefore from 100 watts
 out to get 1 S unit increase on the other end will require a increase to
 400 watts.  Nah, Omni won't do 400 watts.

 I connected a Tentec Centurion between my OMNI VI+ and the antenna.  Now
 I move the S meter almost 2 units.

 73
 Bob K4TAX

Bob, your right on the nose concerning the Omni 6 needing to run 400 watts to
get that 1 (one) S unit increase. Tweaking the output of the Omni lets say,
40 watts, for an output of 140 watts would be immeasureable on the other side
of the QSO.

Antenna couplers
Guys (and girls) that try to get that exact 1 to 1 swr thinking that they
will be heard better are fooling themselves. I used to think at one time, oh
gosh, my swr is 1.5 to 1, oh my goodness. The person on the other end will
not hear any difference between a 2 to 1 swr vs a 1 to 1.

73 to all de Jim  K2ZF