[TenTec] Jupiter software

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter software
From: samstee@tds.net (Robert Steele)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:43:36 -0500
I bought a Jupiter sometime around the middle of February. I recently
downloaded the software update.

I notice the following:
    On the keyer weighting the original software default was 50%, I assume
giving dashes three times the duration of dots. the new software gives a
weighting range from 0% to 24 %. Using Pegasus emulation, the new software
doesn't give a percentage but the sliding baar defaults I think to the
middle of the range, presumably the same 50% as the original software
although I hadn't used Pegasus emulation with the original Juoiter software.

Also, when using PSK31, both the original Jupiter software and the upgraded
software indicate a relatively steady ouput power on the Jupiter meter when
the mic gain is properly adjusted and PSK31 is idling. However, when using
Pegasus emulation the indicated digital output power on the computer display
meter varies fairly rapidly by a factor of  up to two fold  when the mic
gain is properly adjusted. Is this normal?

Thanks
bob