[TenTec] Mic Hookup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mic Hookup
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:40:22 -0500
Paul,
Was the Omni designed for dynamic mikes?  Sounds like it if you have only a
phone plug 1/4 inch tip and shield type.

I think the Corsair 2 was dynamic mike also, not sure about Delta 2.  But,
you certainly can make an adapter, I have several dynamic mikes of tip ring
and shield 1/4 inch phone plugs, and made a handy adapter to the four pin
plug required by Scout.  It has a little plastic box for the 1/4 inch jack,
and then a pigtail to a 4 pin plug.  Sources for plastic boxes include hobby
shops and Container Store chain.  Or use metal Bud minibox.

I used some shielded miniature coax mike cable from Radio shack, two of
them, one for audio, and one for PTT circuit, since I had three connections
and common ground to deal with.

Now if the boom mike has some phantom power requirement for an electret
element, (a 2 volt DC or so for the bias and FET preamp of the element),
then you have to see what you can do out the Ten Tec 4 pin jack, which may
have one unused pin, at least on the Scout.
73,
Stuart K5KVH