[TenTec] USB Operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] USB Operation
From: w1mnk@tampabay.rr.com (Jon Maguire)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 13:19:38 -0400
Well, I must say that the spirit of Amateur radio is alive and well in the
Ten-Tec community. I want to thank all of those who responded to my request
for help with running my Jupiter on a serial to USB adapter. I spent some
time this morning looking over the problem, and it was

"The ole black serial cable, she ain't what she's supposed to be..."

  I had grabbed a what I thought was a serial cable (had DB9 male and
female connectors). It didn't work thru the adapter. I then (using what few
gray cells are left) decided to try it directly to the COM port. No go. I
then changed out to another cable, and vooila... off she goes (on the COM
port). I then switch the cable to the adapter, and BINGO!! Off and running
on USB.

To Carl N4PY: Great work! I wish that my Kachina interface was as good. I'm
very impressed. Again, thanks to all who responded. It is really appreciated.

73... Jon Maguire W1MNK
Brandon, FL 33511 USA