[TenTec] Century 22 mods? Please don't!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 mods? Please don't!
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:10:47 -0400
Bill:  Just in case you are not aware, the Ten Tec Century 22's are prized
collector items and are highly sought after.  I strongly recommend to NEVER
make any modifictions that will not permit the radio to be easily restored to
its original condition.  Of course, there are exceptions to this, such as if
one already has a "buggered-up" unit; so that to modify it would not make any
difference.  Just make sure that any modifications can be easily removed and
the radio made original.  My advise is to never modify any Ten Tec radio that
is in original condition. Modifying any Ten Tec will only devalue it.  If you
want more performance, I suggest to keep your Century 22 all original and buy a
new Jupiter or Omni VI. Then you will have two Ten Tec radios to play with;
great fun! - 73's- Corn- k4own.