[TenTec] Argosy (analogue) vs. Argosy Two (digital)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy (analogue) vs. Argosy Two (digital)
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:23:29 -0400
I realize that the Argosy (original) uses an analog display and the Argosy Two
uses a digital display.  However, I will appreciate receiving comments from
knowledgeable individuals regarding other differences and similarities between
these two Argosy units.  What are the  pro's or con's to the two different type
displays?  Are there dial cords that wear out in the analog display?  Do the
digital number segments burn out?  Other than the display, do the two radios
perform the same?  Which is easier to repair?  Which one did Ten Tec
manufacturer in greater numbers?  Which is most popular? Thank's in advance for
all comments! - Corn- k4own.

>>> "Mike Hyder  -N4NT-" <N4NT@chartertn.net> 06/25/01 07:16PM >>>

Actually the only WARC band on my Argosy II is the 30 meter band -- that was
the same on my Argosy analog model.

Mike