[TenTec] Feedback on 516 and QRP amp info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Feedback on 516 and QRP amp info
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:50:01 -0400
Hello:

This message is being sent to multiple recipients.

I wanted to say thanks for the feedback we've had so far on the new
model 516 QRP HF transceiver.  We've received approximately 400
emails and have counted nearly 100 different suggestions for items
or features to be part of this new transceiver.

One suggestion brought up by numerous hams was having an add-on
internal or external accessory linear amplifier for the QRP radio so it
could be run at some RF power output higher than 5 watts if desired.

We have put together a document on our web site that cites relevant
FCC regulations that would prevent the addition of an amplifier to a
QRP transceiver.  Also provided is commentary on the regulations
and a "real-life" previous example from prior experience with the
FCC.   Feel free to pass this information along to anyone interested.

The URL is http://www.tentec.com/Noamp.htm

Thanks again.  We'll post additional info about the QRP rig to our
web site as it becomes available.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.