[TenTec] Triton PS Supply Found

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton PS Supply Found
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:02:52 -0400
Hi, Ron--

Glad you found your power supply.  In case you didn't know, the 262 power
supplies did NOT come with a crowbar circuit, an overvoltage protection
circuit.  That means that if the pass transistor shorts (not uncommon), then
the supply puts about 25 volts into the rig -- toasting it.  Ten-Tec later
supplied what they called an OVP (overvoltage protection) circuit board to
install in the supply.  The last one I ordered from them cost $15 plus $3
shipping.

If the supply you bought has that circuit installed already, it will be
mounted to the back panel on the inside.  It is a circuit board about 0.75
inches by 1.5 inches.  Installation instructions say to cut the large red
wire that goes to the power connector and to hook the two resultant ends to
opposite ends of the board.

If the supply does not have the OVP installed, I'd suggest you consider
installing one!

73 de Mike Hyder
N4NT@chartertn.net