[TenTec] Ten-Tec Scout Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Scout Drift
From: jlivingo@webtv.net (jlivingo@webtv.net)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
Folks,

     I recently purchased a used Scout from Ten-Tec and have been using
it quite successfully in my 2000 Explorer which bounces around quite a
bit.  Have experienced no drift problem and have worked all over US and
VK land running about 25 watts output.  Recently was on the top deck of
a parking garage (about 100 feet high) in Atlantic City and had great
results with the rig.  Of course the location helped.

     I am more concerned about turning the truck over when I hit a tree
limb with the big stick (7 foot high antenna mounted on roof with four
super strong magnets) than a little drift.  This makes one keenly aware
of local bridge clearances also!  Also concerned with the Firestone
tires which I keep inflated high to reduce friction which contributes to
the bounce!  Rig works great.  It really hears good like all Ten Tec
products.  Of course I also own an Argo 509, 515, 556, Corsair, and Omni
V so I am not biased!  --jim, K4CFA