[TenTec] Re:CW Practive via Ten Tec Rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:CW Practive via Ten Tec Rigs
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:57:57 -1000
It has happened!!

This afternoon,  was able to send CW out across
KH6 land on 40 meters from any .txt file within
my computer!

So the HyperTerminal to serial com port is working,  as
is the interface to the old AEA MM-3 Morse Machine,
and from there to keying one of my rigs!

So,  now two next projects:  keying three rigs simultaneously,
and deciding what to send for CW practice which would be
of benefit to the greatest number of folks.

Thanks to each of you who have provided super advice
to this point.  Yes,  I took a short cut using the MM-3,
but even that required a bunch of hours today in  the
ARRL Handbook,  Ch. 22 -- I now know more about
RS-232 control signals than I ever believed I would want,
hi!  Plus,  I got to smell the odor of resin core Kester 44
solder once again.

Anyway,  am on the way to what I hope will be useful CW
practice for those really wanting it!

Maybe I should just start putting some CW practice signals
out on only one band for now,  then after some time set up
ways to key more than one rig at a time....just a thought.

73,  Jim  KH7M