[TenTec] Using OMNI VI remote knob for RIT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using OMNI VI remote knob for RIT
From: k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com (Ariel M. Elam)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:13:02 -0500
Hi Terry -- The main tuning knob quit tuning on my VI+ about 2 years
ago. I called TT service. Tech said to interchange 2 connectors on rear
of front panel to see if rit control  would then tune main. I did & it
did. As I remember, it was 55 & 56 or 54 & 55 or possibly but not likely
56 & 57. I ordered and replaced main control.Cost about $45.

Last month in hauling the VI+ in my van, the rit knob was hit, breaking
the plastic shaft. I called TT and was shipped a new rit control for
$13. New one had metal shaft. It was smaller than Main encoder.

Hope this info will help. Good luck.

Ten-Tec forever!!
73, Ariel, k4aal