[TenTec] Backyard mast

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Backyard mast
From: cyr999@extremezone.com (Tim and Nancy Logan)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:51:11 -0700
Hello again -

I live in an antenna restricted area and having been successfully using
a horizontal loop on my roof since I started in HAM a year ago. I use
primarily CW. I have talked to Australia and New Zealand with it on 5
watts so it works well enuff to have fun - but I would like to
experiment.

I recently bought a Carolina Windom 40 from Radio Works. It has a
vertical radiator. I would like to figure out a way to put up a
non-metallic mast (in less than 5 minutes) in the late evening so that I
can try this and other antennas late at nite when the mast is not
bothering the troops. Does anyone have a suggestion for a mast that can
be easily erected and taken down each evening? Or any experiences in
trying the same? I certainly can figure something out - but why reinvent
the wheel if someone else has tried a good idea. Thanks to all. 73, Tim
Logan KB7OEX Gilbert, AZ