[TenTec] 1220 2-Meter rig birdies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1220 2-Meter rig birdies
From: Don Bullard" <bullardd@earthlink.net (Don Bullard)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:47:23 -0400
This is interesting. My 1220 has the following birdies:
143.350
144.000
145.350
145.400
147.350
148.000
148.050
The birdie on 148.000 is the strongest while the one on 143.350 is about the
weakest. I don't know if rechecking the alignment would help but I do know
that mine needs some tweeking.  TenTec should have included a tool for
adjusting the coils and when I asked them about such a tool they suggested
using a piece of 1/8" brass rod filed down to fit the tuning slugs.

In QST's review of the TenTec 1220 in Nov. 1996 I don't believe they mention
birdies.

I noticed in their review that they list the coverage of the rig as being
from 143.495 to 148.600. Mine (and evidently Bob and Al's) covers from
142.995 to 149.000 and is revision 2.1.  I assume the review model was an
earlier revision. I wonder if there is a later revision available??

Don WA4IML