[TenTec] Keying the Omni-6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keying the Omni-6+
From: ditzian@alltel.net (ditzian@alltel.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 07:19:07 -0400
On 3 Sep 2001, at 0:19, Eric Rosenberg wrote:

> I guess I didn't make myself clear...
>
> What I want to know is...
>
>       Can I control the radio *and* key the radio (i.e., PTT) with the
>
> single serial cable that runs from my   computer to the DB-25
> interface port on the Omni-6+

As I understand the situation, the Omni VI will do this.  The
question is whether the software that is communicating over the
serial port to the Omni will allow the computer to do its part.  This
can be done, for example, with Zakanaka.  You also can key the
radio from Zakanaka by using a command directly over the serial
port.

73,
Jan Ditzian
KX2A